I can't update my firmware
Your Ping device uses firmware to run. The Ping firmware is a special piece of software that we are constantly working on improving to make your device work better. If you are having issues, please following these directions:
1 - You have the device next to or touching your phone and Bluetooth is turned on.
2 - You have the latest Ping 2.0 App (Where can I download the Ping app?) installed and not the old one.
3 - You launch the app and click on the menu icon in the top left from the devices screen and see this sidebar:
4. You click on UPDATE FIRMWARE in the bottom right.
5. After a few seconds, you should see a list of any devices near your phone. If one needs to be updated, it should be in RED like the below image. If not, it will be in blue. Also, the RSSI value (the number on the left) should be greater than -50 for a good connection. Also, if you have more than one device, please move them away from the phone so they don't interfere.
6. If you are not seeing ANY devices listed, or the one next to the phone, or the RSSI is less than -50, please reboot your phone and reset the device and try again (How to reset your device).
7. You click UPDATE on the device you want to update. You should see the following:
8. Wait 1 - 2 minutes for the firmware to start. Patience is key. After that time, you should see it start like this:
9. That's it. The update could take anywhere from 3 - 20 minutes, depending on how old your other firmware is. Just wait for it to finish.
10. After that, you are good to go and can use the new app and functionality without issue.
If you are not seeing or getting to any of the steps above, please let us know and let us know which step things fail at and what you are seeing. Also, let us know what type of phone you are using.