Unfortunately, there is no simple answer I can give to this question.
Here are the facts and what we know:
- The device is complete and works!
- We started shipping beta units to our earliest backers in February.
- Based on the feedback from the beta test, we know the units work so we are moving towards full production.
- We still need to complete PTCRB/AT&T and CE (RED) certifications before shipping. We're doing all that now.
- We are aiming to start shipping in late March, early April, based on location and backer number.
So where does that put us? That puts delivery anytime between January and end of February, realistically. We're starting with our backers in the US, followed by the rest of North America, Europe, Australia & New Zealand, the Middle East and Asia.
I know this stinks, trust me. But if you look out there you will see at least ten other products that that "claim" to offer a GPS solution. If that's the case, why haven't you heard of most of them? The reason is simple - because most of them don't live up to customer's expectations.
I put an asterisk above because there are certain countries that require additional certification for us to deliver the product, such as Belgium, China, Brazil and others. These processes are both costly and timely. We are doing everything we can to complete these processes as quickly as possible, but delays may occur to these countries as a result.
Due to these delays, we are going to include one year of FREE GLOBAL COVERAGE for everyone of our IndieGoGo backers only. I know it's a small apology gift but we felt we needed to own up to these delays and give you something for your patience.
Remember, you backed an idea, which has now become a reality. Thank you so much for your patience, input and support. We hope it will be worth the wait!