Unfortunately, there is no simple answer I can give to this question.
Here are the facts and what we know:
- The device is complete and works!
- Manufacturing of the devices in China will be starting the week of October 23rd
- Testing and certification starts on October 30th
- Final components needed for mass production should be delivered or assembled within the next 3-4 weeks
- Once final components are in, a small run of 300 units will be done, which will be reviewed and mailed out. After that, another run of 1,000 units will be done, which will be shipped, and then the remaining orders will be shipped.
- It takes 2-3 weeks for the devices to be assembled and shipped.
- At any point, there could (will?) be unexpected issues in manufacturing that we will need to deal with.
So where does that put us? That puts delivery anytime between December and end of January, realistically. We're starting with our backers in the US, followed by the rest of North America, Europe, Australia & New Zealand, the Middle East and Asia.
I know this stinks, trust me. But if you look out there you will see at least ten other products that that "claim" to offer a GPS solution. If that's the case, why haven't you heard of most of them? The reason is simple - because most of them don't live up to customer's expectations.
In addition, there are certain countries that require additional certification for us to deliver the product, such as Belgium, China, Brazil and others. These processes are both costly and timely. We are doing everything we can to complete these processes as quickly as possible, but delays may occur to these countries as a result.
Due to these delays, we are going to include one year of FREE GLOBAL COVERAGE for everyone of our IndieGoGo backers only. I know it's a small apology gift but we felt we needed to own up to these delays and give you something for your patience.